Okay, so it's the new year, and it's time for me to get into shape! I've decided to run the 10K again. I haven't done it for a few years, so I am going to start off really slow and everyone can join! The more people who want to join, the better! The training started last Friday January 2nd, but it's not too late! If you can't run it all at once, that's okay, just run as much as you can and then walk the rest. Just make sure you are getting in all of your mileage at the end of each week. This will be really fun! So please join in on the fun! Here is the plan:
Start Friday January 2nd .5 miles 3X per week (If you are wondering why all of the dates start on a Friday, it is because the race is on a Friday, so I went back from there)
Jan 9th .5 miles 3X per week
Jan 16 .5 miles 3X
Jan 23rd 1 mile 3X
Jan 30th 1 mile 3X
Feb 6th 1 mile 3X
Feb 13th 1.5 miles 3X
Feb 20th 1.5 miles 3X
Feb 27th 1.5 miles 3X
Mar 6th 2 miles 3X
Mar 13th 2 miles 3x
Mar 20th 2.5 miles 3x
Mar 27th 2.5 miles 3x
Apr 3rd 2.5 miles 3x
Apr 10th 3 miles 3x
Apr 17th 3 miles 3x
Apr 24th 3 miles 3x
May 1st 3.5 miles 3x
May 8th 3.5 miles 3x
May 15th 4 miles 3x
May 22nd 4 miles 3x
May 29th 4 miles 3x
June 5th 4.5 miles 3x
June 12th 5 miles 3x
June 19th 5 miles 3x
June 26th 5.5 miles 3x
July 3rd 6 miles 3x
July 10th run/walk 7 miles one day this week, then the rest of the week run 5.5 miles 2x.
July 17th run 5 miles 2x this week, but take a few days break before the race.
July 24th RACE 6.2 miles!
Don't worry if you miss a few days or a few miles, just keep going. I know that it is so hard to stay motivated, so if you think that you can't commit to 3 times per week, try just 2 times per week, or even one. It will be so fun especially when you cross the finish line! A lot of runners don't need this much time to train, but I wanted to extend it for myself, so I could make sure that I was ready. Plus, I like to start off slow and then add a little at a time! Good Luck, and don't forget to ask me how I am doing, so that I can keep on track!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Look at your cute little family! They are adorable. I'm thinking I may want to run with you...
Hey that was me commenting above "Debbie". My friend was signed into her blog and I didn't change it before I commented.
I really want to do this with you! I would love to be able to run an entire 10k! Give me a call or I will just talk to you when I see you
I want to do this! Count me in! I'm going to put off training until May, but this will be the perfect thing to get me going after having the baby!
Post a Comment