Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February Update


It has been fun to see Carter getting a personality. He is such a sweet boy. He loves watching EmmaLee play, and she can probably make him laugh harder than anyone. However, he doesn't like her to hold him. He just whines and wiggles until she lets him go! I also have a picture of him on my phone and every time I show it to him, he smiles and starts laughing, it's super cute!




Here is EmmaLee on Valentines day. It had snowed all morning, and she wanted to pass out her valentines to all of her friends, so Neil was gracious enough to pull her around in her tube while they went around to the different houses. She was so excited (even though she didn't really know what Valentines day was for!)







Here is a random picture of us hanging out in the hallway. Something we do a lot since Carter has started crawling every where! Everyday I think Carter finds more and more he can get into! This picture captures a good look into our everyday life, because as you can see EmmaLee is holding one of her dolls. If you are ever over at our house, you will always see her with a baby in her arms, or one close by!







This is a picture of the burger, Neil wanted to have for his Birthday. A grilled cheese sandwich on the bottom, a burger, sauteed onions and mushrooms, bacon, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard and then another grilled cheese sandwich on top! It actually was delicious! Very filling, and not good for the figure, but yummy!







In Neil's family, they started a tradition where instead of giving gifts to each other, they do a type of service project for that person, of their choice. Neil wanted our cars washed, detailed and have the oil changed. It actually has been a lot of fun having everyone working together to complete the task that the Birthday person has asked. (plus this time, I benefited from the task, so it was a bonus!) Needless to say, Neil's car hasn't been that clean in a long time! It was a great gift! Happy Birthday Babe! We also celebrated his birthday, along with three other February birthdays in my family, at my parent's house. (no pictures, I forgot my camera) It was a fun night with everyone. I think Neil's highlight was when he got to take a ride in my sister, Jennifer and Dave's new porsche. He loved that! He talked about it all the way home, letting me know that I should never buy him one due to a problem he would have in accelerating at too high of speeds!
So that's about all we've been doing this month. It's amazing how fast the month of February goes by when they cut out a few days. It's fine with me, I'm just excited for Spring!

3 comments:

Nyall and Jennifer said...

So fun to read! What a great family you guys are!

Liz said...

Your kids are so cute! It's so much fun when they start playing with each other. That hamburger looks delicious! I'll call you on my birthday with my request.

Amy said...

How does Neil stay so skinny when he eats that? Lucky guy. Your kids are too cute. I love the pic of Emmalee just sitting in her snow gear and tube inside the house. good luck on the crawling thing, do boys get into stuff more than girls?