Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Catching up...

So the past few months have been filled trips to the doctor. At the end of January along with all of the other small colds, Carter had Bronchiolitis. He was wheezing, so they sent him home with a machine and medicine for him to do breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. When he finally got over that, just last Sunday we took him to urgent care because his ear drum burst, due to a bad ear infection and he is now currently on antibiotics. EmmaLee had a thousand colds also, and then recently she was waking up in the middle of the night having to go to the bathroom multiple times. I realized (almost too late) that she probably had a UTI. So I took her in to the doctor, and while we were there they said she also had an ear infection, and possible strep (but the test came back negative) So, they put her on antibiotics. Over the weekend, they cultured EmmaLee's strep, and it indeed came back positive and the next day I came down with it. I don't ever remember being in so much discomfort due to throat pain my whole life! Luckily, it didn't affect EmmaLee, the way I had it! I too, am now on antibiotics. I have grown a great appreciation for medicine! I don't know how people survived with out it.
As of now, Neil luckily has no symptoms or signs of any illness or infection. And because we're all taking antibiotics, we are free from passing on any dreaded sickness. It's been a long two months, but I'm hoping that because we're all getting the colds right now, that we'll be good to go for spring and summer!
So, on a lighter note...

My two cute kids!

This is a picture with some of my girlfriends. Chelly, Allison and Brooke. We always go out to dinner for birthdays. It's been a great tradition. I love seeing them every month! However, due to illnesses (those dreaded illnesses!) not everyone was able to make it, so to those of you who weren't able to make it, I wish you well!

Naomi, Jana and Mindy enjoying our fun dinner with the girls!


Here are the flowers that Neil got for me for Valentines! They were so long, I had EmmaLee stand by them to show! He got them for a great deal and couldn't pass up buying them. I LOVE fresh flowers, but sometimes, I would rather spend our money in other places. Since we're on a tight budget. However, because of the great deal it brought a smile to both of our faces! Thanks Neil!






Just recently two of Neil's brother's got engaged! So, to celebrate and welcome the soon to be sister-in-laws to the family, we surprised them and woke them up at 4:00 AM! Then we went to breakfast. It was really early, but worth all of the fun times!


L to R: Jill, Erica, Elener and Jessie


Heidi, Kimberly, Amanda and I. Kimberly and Amanda are joining our family soon, and we couldn't be happier! We love you girls!

Another super cute picture of my kids! Carter doesn't smile very well for the camera, so I was happy to get two good shots.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Goodness, your family really HAS been sick a lot this winter. Get better for your sake, but also for my own selfish reasons...I miss you guys!

Mindy said...

Carter was making me laugh so hard on Friday when he was chasing me (frantically) with his plate, trying to get me to put a brownie on it. He is usually so laid back but not when he thinks he'll be forgotten and miss out on brownies!!!