Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh What Fun We Had!


On Christmas Eve, we had dinner at the Scott's house and we were SO Excited to open a package from Chad, who is on a mission in New York! On Christmas day, we were able to all individually talk to Chad, he is doing amazing, but how we miss him!


We had a gift exchange on Christmas Eve, and Neil got some new disc golf Frisbees... surprise, surprise! He, of course, loves them and can't wait to put them to good use!

The sweet Chris and Kimberly! They were lucky enough to head out to sunny California on Christmas. As I'm sure you can't hear the jealousy in my voice!


The also sweet, Ben and Amanda! We love them as neighbors!

Here is Neil's sister Heidi and her new fiance Jeff! Congratulations Heidi! We are super excited for you! Our nephew Ethan, is the other little guy!


Heidi was so sweet and bought Carter this sweet toy for his cars. It kept him entertained all night! He loves it!


Jill and I, we were waiting for everyone to get ready for the acting out of the Nativity. I didn't get very good pictures of it, so I didn't post them, but EmmaLee was Mary and Carter I think was a Wise man.


Here is all of us decked out in our New York attire that Chad sent to us! Thanks Chad!


That night we got home super late, so EmmaLee only had time to put out a few pieces of candy for Santa.

CHRISTMAS morning!! It was So fun this year! Our kids made it amazing! They slept in until almost 9:00! They were both so excited and it made everything worth it. Kids are the best!


Neil and his new watch. We searched online for forever for that! Behind is a magnet board that Neil put together for Carter. It took a lot more time to make than we thought, but it turned out great. I decorated it with letter's and numbers. Carter is loving it, and it's cute to see him recognize all the letters.


EmmaLee posing in a new outfit she got from Jennifer from Christmas! When she put it on, she said "I could be a model with this on!" Then this is how she posed!


EmmaLee got a new twin size bed, so Carter got her bed. He had been in a crib up until then! We got him some new sheets and he was so excited to sleep with his pillow pet and his Woody! EmmaLee was also very excited to get a new bed! She kept saying all night, "is it time to go to bed yet, I'm so tired?"

This is Neil and I before heading out on Christmas day.

Later, on Christmas night we spent dinner at my sister Jodie's house. It was delicious and fun to see everyone and their gifts.
Neil had a fun time playing with the kids!

My sister Jodie and I. Can't you tell we're sisters?


My parents drove down from Idaho and we were able to see them for a couple of hours that night. They had a busy day and tried to visit as many people as they could while they were down here. My poor Dad, you could tell he was in pain. I asked him about it and he said his knee was still bothering him. He has had a lot of pain in his legs and he even had a knee replacement, but the pain has never gone away. But he is the very last one to complain! I am the youngest of 10, and I know that he used to work three jobs to support all of his kids. I seriously never remember a day that he didn't go to work. Whenever he got hurt or sick, you would never know it. And my mom, having 10 kids at home, I don't know how she did it, she must have had a lot of patience. I remember her saying that there were nights when they'd barely get to see each other, so when the kids were all in bed they would go and get an ice cream, or something to spend time with each other. I just can't imagine all of the sacrifices they made to have a family with 10 kids. We didn't have much, but our needs were always taken care of. I will always be grateful for amazing parents and such an amazing family!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a very busy, fun Christmas. You are gorgeous Jana. Just sayin'.