Neil and Nate have been best friends since high school! So it's so fun when we all get to hang out together. This time we all went on a tour of the conference center, where one of their other good friends' parents serve, the Brodericks.
If you ever want a tour, it's always free and go on a Sunday afternoon, you might be lucky enough to have the Broderick's as your tour guides!
March is also our Anniversary. Coincidentally, the Warner's anniversary is two days away from ours, so we decided to celebrate and get away from the cold with a trip to St. George!
We went swimming at the Aquatic center which was the highlight of the kids' trip. We could have stayed their all day if we would have let them.
The slide and the leap pads were the best part. All of the kids, even our little Carter, went down the big slide by themselves. As long as they had a life jacket, they were free to be alone. I'm not sure how many times they all went down, I lost count!
We celebrated dinner back at the house (we rented) Alyson and I cooked dinner while the boys went out. We sent them on sort of a scavenger hunt to find something that reminded them of the past, present and future our of marriage. The boys were super creative and we had a wonderful night!
A trip to St. George wouldn't be right without stopping at Snow Canyon to play in the super soft sand!
They tried to build a sand castle, it sort of worked...
Our biggest EmmaLee is almost finished with Kindergarten. They held a special VIP night for the kids and their families. They showed off all of their work, we watched a video of all of the kids, popcorn and more and more art projects! I was more than impressed! She has been in a great class and has learned so so much!
EmmaLee and McKay. They have been in the same class for the last two years. They have been such great friends! We are going to miss McKay next year!
One of the many of EmmaLee's art projects. This was the president/America section.
Now off to St. Patricks Day! We were watching our cute nephews and thought it would be fun to make Leprechaun traps. Seriously, these boys and EmmaLee had the best time!! I made green cookies to try to lure the Leprechauns in with the delicious smell. However, the next morning, we found that none of the traps worked, those Leprechauns were too smart! But they did leave a green treat.
City Creek! This is a great addition to Downtown. I wouldn't say that I would shop there regularly. There are some pretty high class stores, but it's fun to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. We went on the opening weekend where the kids got balloons, paintings, and we even got our faces drawn by a cartoon artist.
Here's EmmaLee's cute face
We played at their indoor playground after eating lunch.
See, I have a million things to catch up on, I've been way behind! Neil's coworker gave him tickets to the University of Utah Gymnastics so EmmaLee and I were lucky enough to go! It was the Pac 12 championships. U of U took 2nd, and it was such a fun girls night out. They boys also had their night out, they got to go to the REAL game the same night.
March is also the month of EmmaLee's birth. I can't believe my little girl is 6! We had two parties for her this year, one with my side of the family and one with Neil's. Our house is too small to combine. Here she is holding cute Carson
Opening presents
Blowing out candles
Let's not forget my three sister-in-laws who are pregnant. We had a baby shower for Amanda at Cafe Rio.. Yum!
The three beautiful sisters!
She got lots of fun stuff and we can't wait for all of these babies to get here!
Back to Em's birthday... this one at the Scott's
She is such a sweetheart. She is a great helper. Always wanting to do what's right. She is learning to read and doing awesome! She reads mostly by herself the scriptures every night and her books that she gets from school. She is a great big sister, almost too great! She is very sensitive to Carter and would do anything for him, even clean his room for him if he's sad and doesn't want to. (This, I'm teaching her she can't do, or he'll never learn!) But that's just her personality. Always wanting the best for her family and friends. She loves to sing and can't wait to start taking piano lessons. She is a huge blessing and we love her so much! Happy 6th Birthday EmmaLee!
Last event, I promise! This is the Easter Egg hunt at the Scott's. After Carter filled his basket he was done. It was funny, he wasn't even interested in getting more.
All of the grandkids
EmmaLee's treasures
And finally the kids on Sunday in their Easter outfits. (EmmaLee's dress was actually a birthday gift from her Aunt, but I thought it was perfect for Easter!) This was the only picture I was able to get that day. We went to Church and remembered the Resurrection and how blessed we are to have that promise in our lives. It was a wonderful reminder and a wonderful day!
1 comment:
You have such a wonderful family. I shouldn't be envious of the pregnant bellies I saw but I love having babies so much. Maybe later on huh?
Post a Comment