Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quick update on Carter... six months

We went to the doctor for Carter's six month appointment. He is 19 pounds 1 ounce, which is the 80th percentile, 27 1/2 inches for height (90%) and his head size is 17.5 inches(75%). When he got his shots, he didn't even cry, he just let out a little squeal, and he was done! I was so shocked. Neil was proud when I told him, because he thought Carter was such a tough guy! He is starting to eat all of the baby foods, and cereals... but he isn't so much a good eater. I don't remember EmmaLee being like this, it is kind of frustrating. He just isn't interested in foods. I try every day... he also is being stubborn about taking a bottle. When he turned six months, I guess he just decided he wanted to have an opinion or something?? However, even with all of the frustrations, don't get me wrong, I love the sweetheart!

4 comments:

TheRogersInUtah said...

What a sport Carter is! Isn't it amazing how early in life kids learn to test their parents? It is like they are just laughing at us on the inside :) Brie was the same way about food at first, but now she loves just about anything.

Amy said...

Well he's in the upper percentile right, so don't worry too much. Tate and I have many discussions about what he should be and eating and decides not to.

Andrea said...

What a sweetie! Jonas had the same issues with solids. Check out this post when he was 6 months old:
http://kelandrea.blogspot.com/2008/06/green-beans-yuck.html
Green beans are his favorite vegetable now. I just kept exposing him to it and . . . voila!

Evans Family said...

Hey...I didn't realize that Blake and Carter were the same age. Blake's bday is May 17th.