Friday, December 26, 2008

Something Small to Remember

So I know it's the day after Christmas, and of course we have a bunch of fun pictures to share, but I wanted to write this down before I forgot. The other day I filled up my gas tank for $11.37! Isn't that just amazing. I wanted to take a picture, but I thought people might look at me a little weird! Just a few months ago it cost me $4o.00 to fill up. I sure like it a lot better when it's only $11.37. (I know I am going to be one of those old ladies who tells her great-grandchildren about this! They'll just laugh and tell me that it costs them like $100 to fill up or something outrageous like that!) I know my Dad tells me that he used to fill up for $3.00. I have to admit that would be pretty great! Anyway, I just wanted to write that down, so I can look back in a year or so and compare prices. I guess I am just weird like that, I can still remember filling up my gas tank when I was a Junior in college and it was $1.98 a gallon. It stressed me out big time! I didn't know how I was going to survive if the prices went over $2.00. But I made it past that, I don't know how, but I did. So, as long as it will last, I am going to be grateful for filling up at $11.37!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it so wonderful? I filled up for 19.50 the other day, and had no one to tell but Tate, he didn't seem that impressed. So I'm glad I can share it with you now. YEA!! 11.37!!

Mindy said...

That's awesome Jana! Yeah a few months ago the high for filling our tank was $69.00. But last week that same car cost us $23.00! It's crazy!!! I like it!

Grant and Teresa said...

I am so glad you posted a comment on our blog! We have wondered how everyone was doing and were even talking about the "guys from Magna" yesterday. Sorry we are lousy at keeping in touch. Both of your kids are so cute! Grant is excited for Will to get around the age Emmalee is! Sounds like you are all doing great! We are going to try and keep in touch better!