Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We've been robbed!




Today I decided that I was going to take the kids to my mom's and I went to go put them in the car and I had noticed that someone had stolen my stereo! The first thing I noticed was the big mess on the floor. I thought maybe Neil had to grab something out of the glove compartment and he was in a hurry. Nope, I was wrong! Someone had gone through it, and I assume was looking for money. The most frustrating part is that we live in a gated community and my car was parked under our carport, which is right out our sliding glass door! It also made me feel so violated. I hate knowing the someone was sitting in my car, going through my stuff. Neil filed a police report, even though we know there is nothing they can do. Our doors weren't locked, so I guess we were an easy target. It's just sad that those kind of things have to happen.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I still can't believe it happened. What a bunch of creeps. It makes me nervous that it's going to happen to me...or worse our house and not the car.

Salazar Family said...

It really sucks that it happened! It really bugs me that someone like that is coming here or someone who lives here for that matter (ya never know) I agree with Mindy, I hope it doesn't happen to our homes next... Its scarey!!

Amy said...

I am so sorry that happened to you Jana, good thing you keep all your Benjamins under your mattress and not in your glove compartment. And good for you for having all your Christmas shopping done, I am almost there and feeling very jealous of you. Sorry about the stereo.

TheRogersInUtah said...

I agree with both Mindy and Amy. That is really unnerving that there is someone like that coming around here! I think we will all be on the lookout now, I just hate that this had to happen to you guys :(

Joel said...

I sure hope you told them about that Diamond Tennis Bracelet Neil had for you in the glove box and that new set of golf clubs in the back seat....

At least now you'll remember to lock your car.

Anonymous said...

I hope that is the last and worst of our worries. I am sorry they got away with your stereo! How sad! We still think it is very funny that our is so crappy they didn't think it was worth the effort. It really isn't. ;) I am glad everyone is safe and the cars are still here!

4webbsontheweb said...

I am sorry about your car! What an awful Christmas present for you! I guess you never are completely safe, unfortunately. I am jealous of all of the snow you have. We can't wait to play in it. What cute Christmas pictures.

Wendy said...

Jana, I'm so sorry you got robbed! I think you should post a full size picture of Neil on your car window so that future bandits will know exactly who they're messing with. That'll make them think twice! I made a book for Christmas presents using Blurb. I'll post details when the finished product arrives. Thanks for the idea! I REALLY want to get together soon.

Evans Family said...

That is so awful!! I am sorry that it had to happen to you! By the way...I love the family picture on your title. It is beautiful!